Sunday 17 June 2007

Father's Day




It's Fathers Day and i thought it would be a nice time for me to sing the praises of my Father. This is my Dad, as you can tell, he thinks a lot of me!!!


People tell me that i take after him, which is mostly complimentary!!! He is loyal, active, resourceful , funny...and if i am meant to take after him.....a damn good looking individual!!! My Dad would do anything for anyone, he is always willing to help, he is really friendly and one of those people who can talk to anyone....just ask the checkout ladies at our local Tesco!!!!



We have a lot in common, my Dad and i, we both have a love of music, my Dad's Jarvis Cocker dance is a thing of beauty!! I can't even begin to describe his 50 Cent impression!!! It's cool to talk to him about seeing The Doors and The Who at the Isle Of Wight Festival. He introduced my son to The Rolling Stones, they spent many a car journey singing along to Ruby Tuesday!!


My Dad is the king of catchphrases, I'm not sure what they all mean or where they come from, but i do find myself repeating them to my own child!! Being female i always thought i would turn into my mother but its seems i am slowly turning into my father.


My Dads Most Commonly Used Phrases :


1. "If i don't see you through the week, I'll see you through the window"

2. " We've arrived and to prove it we're here"

3." I had one of those but the wheel fell off" (Apparently this one came from his Grandad, but it still doesn't make any sense!!!)

4. "Chicken and rice.......nice!!"


My Dad has a bizarre love of £1 shops, you can imagine how thrilled he was with the introduction of 99p shops, and recently he told me he had spotted a 95p shop!! He must have been in heaven!! It's not that my dad isn't generous, he is, but he never seems to spend anything on himself, we always joke that when he spends more than £5 on a shirt he has really pushed the boat out!


There we have it, a small insight into the man that is my Dad, i am sure that there is much i have left out......but anyway.....Happy Father's Day Dad.

No comments: